What is Carbon Laser treatment?
It is also called Carbon Laser Peel or Carbon Laser Facial. As it provides instant radiance and glowing results with no downtime, this treatment can be done even a day before an important event making it popular among celebrities and lending to its other nickname the “Red Carpet Laser”.
This safe and proven treatment combines the best of nature and science. Carbon is an organic substance renowned for its ability to absorb impurities while the Q-switched laser – a marvel of modern technology – rejuvenates the skin.
The Carbon Laser treatment exfoliates and purifies the skin, removing stubborn build-up of oil and other impurities which cause or aggravate acne and dulls your appearance. Removing dead skin cells helps promote the growth of healthy new skin and your skin will appear more radiant and evenly toned.
Glowing results after your first treatment!
As Carbon Facial treatments ‘peels’ off the outer layer of dead skin cells, your skin is instantly exfoliated and deeply cleaned, resulting in a noticeably more radiant complexion after just one session. This is why Carbon Facials are a popular choice for celebrities and public personalities, as they can achieve an instant luminous glow before a big event when their skin has to look and feel its best.
Although you will notice an improvement to your skin after just one treatment, a course of treatments spaced at 1-4 week intervals is recommended for optimum skin corrective results.
Top 10 treatment benefits
- Tightens and reduces enlarged pores
- Cleans, tones and purifies congested complexions
- Treats acne/blackheads and reduces acne scarring
- Reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves skin smoothness and clarity
- Reduces appearance of skin discolourations
- Exfoliates dead, dry and coarse skin cells
- Stimulates new collagen and elastin production
- Promotes an instantly brighter, more radiant skin tone
- Results get better with each treatment
How does a Carbon Laser Facial Work?
After using a gentle cleanser to remove make-up, we start by using a mild alcohol swab to degrease the skin to allow better laser penetration. Then a first pass with the Q-switch laser is done to remove surface debris and open skin pores. A thin layer of carbon paste is then applied evenly over the treated area. Once dry, a second pass with the Q-switch laser pushes the carbon particles deeper into the skin and pores. The activated carbon then absorbs excess sebum and other impurities from deep within the skin and beyond the reach of regular facial wash or scrubs. A third and final pass with the Q-switch using a different setting targets and disintegrates the carbon particles and the impurities absorbed.
At this stage, the skin is exfoliated and deep cleansed. The heat energy from the laser promotes collagen production which in turn strengthens dermal structures, resulting in a healthier, more even, and youthful looking complexion. In our Bayside Melbourne clinic, we finish the treatment by applying a hydrating serum or recovery gel and sunscreen.
What are the advantages of the Carbon Laser Peel treatment?
- Minimal to no downtime – Carbon Laser treatment is minimally invasive, which means that you recover quickly from the treatment and are soon ready to meet life with radiant skin. Some customers may experience mild redness after the treatment, which subsides within a day or two. Our doctor and dermal therapist will assess your skin beforehand and may even test the laser on a small area to determine optimal setting.
- Safe on all skin types – A Carbon Laser treatment is suitable for all skin types. It’s particularly well-suited for those with oily and congested skin due to the carbon’s absorptive ability. Men, women, and young adults can benefit from a carbon laser peel treatment.
- Treats a range of skin conditions – Uneven skin texture and tone, dull lacklustre skin, sun-damaged skin, acne and congestion, open pores, and hyperpigmentation can all be treated with Carbon Laser treatment.
- Works well with other skin treatments – Carbon Laser treatments can be combined with microdermabrasion, LED light therapy, hydrating masks, and active ingredient ampules.